Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical sockets

we just bought a house about a month ago and all was working well, then i tried to use the socket in my bathroom and it wouldn't work then my daughter tried her bathroom socket and it wouldn't work. they are on totally different sides of the house and now we discovered that one outside on the porch (in the middle) doesn't work either, my husband tried testing the outlets and there is no electricity there at all. we tried figuring out which breaker goes to what since they were not marked and that didn't help at all, seeing as how there is no electricity flowing through the lines. any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

look for a tripped ground fault circuit interrupter. looks like an outlet but has two buttons on it - one red and one black. one of the buttons resets the outlet.

Comment

we only have one of those it is located in the garage, we have a small deep freeze hooked up there and that plug is working fine.

Comment

look in the service panel for a circuit breaker that has a red or white button on it. this is a gfi breaker and it may feed both bathrooms. if it's tripped the handle will go to the center position. throw it all the way off then back the other way and it'll reset.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =