Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a recepticle

I have a 1989 Wilderness camper that has 120 VAC recepticles. These are held in the wall by plastic catches on inside oposite corners as you screw a long screw through the face plate and through the plastic catch.
    the screws are right hand and as they are rotated clockwise each catch swings out and engages the wall holding the recepticle in place. One of these catches has fallen inside the wall . (My wife wasn't aware how they were made and continued to turn the screw untill the catch fell off and into the wall. Can anyone sugest a source for these recepticles? This wall is narrow and I would not have room for standard receptacles. (Furthermore, It would be easier to take a catch off of the new one than replace the whole recepticle.

Thank You

Elbert

I went to an RV site and saw what you were referring to. The outlet and plate are one assembly. In the left hand upper and right hand lower part of the plate is a screw, which, like you say rotates a plastic flap that swings outward, embracing the back of the wall against the plate. You could go to Lowes or Home Depot and find a "Carleton" plastic box for old work. This box is colored blue and has two aqua colored "flaps" at the end of a long sheet metal screw. I'll bet you could use these flaps on your rv receptacle in place of the one(s) that dropped inside the wall.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =