Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Electrical Outlet for a floodlight

This is probably an easy question, but is there anything I need to worry about on this project? I have a box under the eve of my house. It was designed for a floodlight. There is a switch inside the house that turns it on and off. Seeing as its getting to be Christmas time, I was thinking of putting in an electrical outlet there instead. That way I can plug my christmas lights into it. Is this doable? Is there anything I should watch out for? Will I be able to get the switch inside to control the outlet? Thanks in advance for your help.

IOD; If ,like you say,"the switch inside the house turns it off and on", then by converting it to a receptacle it will still control it the same way. Use an weather proof type cover plate over this new receptacle. Make sure you shut the power OFF before wiring in the new receptacle. White to silver terminal... Black to Brass terminal .Make sure the GROUND WIRE goes to the box AND the receptacle terminal. Good luck, Hube

Comment

IOD,

If you just want to temporarily use an outlet from this socket you can purchase a screw in that has a plug outlet on the end or one that has the plug outlets on the side and still allows you to screw a bulb into it.

I searched the web and found this site, http://www.cornerhardware.com/cat_79...-Adapters.html I have no idea who they are or if they are good to do business with. Once you see the adapters available you might want to check out your local hardware store.

Good luck, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
      'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Working...
      X
      =