Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical and wiring problems

To Whom It May ConcernI need help, if you can help me with this problem please e-mail me my e-mail address is pagrags@charter.net I purchased a spa, it must be hooked up to 220 4 wire, I put a double throw 50 amp 2 pole breaker in my control panel box, my control panel on it has one ground bar with many screws in it and several wires on the right hand side inside the panel, here is what I did, I connected the black wire to one side of the 50 amp breaker and the red wire to the other side of the 50 amp breaker, I connected the white wire to the ground bar on the right also the bare copper wire, (is that sound correct)???? making connections to the spa should be no trouble they are color-coded all 4 wire's hope someone has the correct answer I can tell me if I made a mistake and how to correct it before I hook it up, my spa will be delivered in a few days, I really appreciate any help, thank you

The electrical code for spas understandably has some very specific and strict requirements. I would not want to comment sight unseen. First, we don't know if you are talking about a main panel or a subpanel. You have not mentioned anything about ground fault protection. It sounds like you should have a licensed electrician do this job for you.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =