Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting pendants to track.

I would like to put h type track lighting with pendants over our kitchen sink. We have a shelf over the sink which I'd like to attach the track to, then use a six inch extension on the shade to archive the final look I want.(The shelf is only 4 feet above the sink.)
    Being new to track lighting I have no idea how to connect the pendant which will come from Bellacor, to the track which is also from Bellacor. The track is line voltage and the pendant is line voltage also. Is there an adapter to connect the pendant wiring to the track?
    I hope that it's just my ignorance on the subject that is holding me back. Please tell me there is an answer to my problem.

The Bellacor is a standard for track lighting. From what I saw off the site, it's a simple one circuit design. The track mounts to the surface with flat head sheet metal screws through oval shaped punchings in the back of the track. They sell an adapter to feed the track through a cord or a hard wired connector. Your pendants and other fixtures lock into the track by inserting it and rotating 90 degees until it snaps into the track. the wiring is accomplished through tabs which engage in the track conductors in the sides of the track.

Comment

Thanks for the response HayZee518. My thought was to use a cord to supply the power. My main problem is that the pendants are not specifically meant for the track, they are just generic pendants from Bellcor. So, is there an adapter to connect the wire from the top of the pendant to the track? Sorry, but I can't think of a better way of phrasing the question. I appreciate your help.

Comment

again as i said the pendents are bellcor made they HAVE to fit! if your pendants are other than Bellcor then trying to adapt them to A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SYSTEM is your call

Comment

That's like saying --- I have an Allen-Bradley lighting contactor that I'd like to use FURNAS parts! How do I adapt the Allen Bradley to Accept Furnas.

Comment

So, Country Stone Stepped Bell Mini Hanging Pendant (Bellacor Number: 29396), would fit. Please don't be frustrated with me. I really am this stupid when it comes to this. Its just that they show the track, the heads that go on the track and some pendants that can go on the track. Then I read that you can put mini pendant on besides the ones exclusively mentioned, but no one says exactly how. The mini pendant is made by Bellacor as is the track. Then it should work? In the photo of the pendant they show the shade the stem and the canopy, but don't give any detail.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =