Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring's rules

Hi,
    I 've just buy a house (built in 2006, in Quebec).
    Basement is not finished yet and have to be wired (and later I'd want to build a garage/workshop)
    I've wired my home myself in the past, but it was in France, with 220v, so less ampérage and in a "no wood" house structure.
    Could anybody explain me the basics rules in how's a house is wired
    Size of conductors for plugs, for lights, how to fix the conductors in structure, where is the best choice to do...
    I know how to draw the wiring, but I don't know how to do the job in Quebec.

If you have some links, or some books (french is better for me but...) it would be great

Thanks

take a look at Time/Life books. [house wiring] it's basically for wiring in america - canadian shouldn't be that different. also check out if there is a local code enforcement board where you live.

Comment

I just recently purchased two do-it-yourself books at Home Depot, both are published by Black & Decker.

"Complete Guide to Home Wiring"

"Complete Guide to Home Plumbing"

You can also purchase them online from e.g. Amazon.com, where they are both listed for USD 16.47.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Time-Life is not available (not in stock, no prices) on Amazon, but I found the Black & Decker book and order it

Comment

Working...
        X
        =