Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak power?

Hey guys. Hope I'm putting this in the right place. I live in an apartment and yesterday I noticed that downstairs the power seemed weak... Like the lights seemed much duller/not as bright as usual and also my fridge is barely cold at all.... I tried flipping the breakers over in that box to see if that would help and it did nothing. Just curious if anyone has any idea what could be wrong? I really am never downstairs at all and don't use anything down there except the fridge of course which is on all the time. Hot water heater is gas and am not running the AC now.

(Obviously I've spoken to my apt. maint. ppl but they will not be here until sometime monday.) Just curious if there are any pros or anyone else who has a clue what this could be. I am hoping it is not something that will require a big job to fix. Also if its weak now does that mean I could lose all power to the downstairs at some point? It's weird I turn on the kitchen light which takes those flourescent bulbs and they either don't come on or 5 mi nutes after the switch is on will show a tiny bit of light in it.

Thanks for any answers/replies..

Jenn

could be alot of things loose connections etc. call your power company to have them check the voltage, sometimes things transformer etc. goes arye.. i wouldn't wait this could cause a fire if something is overheating..
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

if you didn't have this problem say, for five months prior to what you are noticing now, 1) call power company. 2) have an electrician check for loose wirenuts on all neutrals in junction boxes. High resistances due to loose joints could cause a fire.

Comment

Well thanks for the replies guys. Shortly after I wrote that my power downstairs went completely out and yesterday the maintinence ppl came and I was informed it was a power company problem. They came around 9pm last night I saw a guy outside and he let me know I wasn't the only one having issues. There have been contractors installing new gas lines here and apparently they cut a line or something. So they came late last night and I was happy to see everything up and working again this morning! Thanks for your input. I was just super paranoid it was a wiring problem and was worried about a fire. Thanks again.

Comment

We're glad your up and running, and glad you called right away. We don't know exactly what problem they had to fix, but the types of issues mentioned by the others definitely have the potential of causing a fire and/or damaging things in your house. So waiting could have been a bad idea.
          Enjoy the cold frige!

Comment

Working...
          X
          =