Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean dishwasher in Canada

I have received a very nice dishwasher from a past tenant from Korea. It is a 240 system with a two prong round plug. I also received a step up transformer designed to plug into our regular outlet and the Korean unit plugs into it. It has a 20 amp fused switch. It runs fine for a while but at certain points it trips the house breaker. It heats the water so I guess it uses more than 15 amps during these cycles. I have considered trying to disconnect the element and rely on the hot water temp. from the tap. Can I get a smaller heater coil in Canada for it.
    I also wondered if I could build an adapter to plug into the oven outlet. It already has 220 and sufficient amperage. Ours has two hot lines a ground and a neutral. Since the Korean 220 is different from here how would I hook it up and is it safe to do so. Also does anyone know where I could get a korean outlet in Vancouver BC area to use for this project if I go that route.

First of all european voltages [this includes Korea] can be anywhere in increments of 190, 208, 220, 230 volts. If the transformer they supplied you is small there is no way you can step it up without a loss, unless you go to a next higher rating. 20 amps times 240 = 4800 watts. for your second part, a range outlet is rated 50 amps so you'd need protection for the line. your range is probably a four wire pigtail. can you send me a diagram? send to srf12980@localnet.com - I can read european [overseas] prints.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =