Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under cabinet low voltage lighting

I am looking for some advice on installing low voltage under cabinet lighting. I want a hard-wired setup. I have a 105V transformer and 5 halogen puck lights. I bought these lights online expecting detailed instructions, but got nothing.

I'm not sure how to properly wire them up. I have 3 seperate area of the kitchen I want to light, so I will need to run wire behind walls or through cabinents.

What gauge wire should I use? How are the lights wired together? Any help would be appreciated.

the lamps in general are wired just like anything else - in parallel with each other. In any case I wouldn't go with anything smaller than 14/2 romex. zip cord and rubber covered extension cord is out of the question because they both aren't meant to be fished in a wall space. over time its insulation hardens and may create a hazard. there was a posting in here about puck lights about 8 months ago if I remember correctly. I think I pointed out a company reference at that time. get back to us and we'll walk you through the process.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =