Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion-detcting spotlight

I am having a problem with an outdoor motion-detection spot light that I installed myself – the kind that is supposed to turn on when someone approaches the sensor.

I can turn the spotlight ON and OFF by clicking an indoor switch.

During daylight when I turn the light ON. it goes OFF by itself after two minutes. But walking in front of the motion detector does not turn it back ON.

After daylight when I turn the light ON it comes ON, but it doesn’t go OFF by itself; it acts as if continuosly sees motion..

Is the motion detector bad or have I misinstalledthe device somehow? Do these devices have a control I have missed?

I see that HayZee518 posted a response to a similar problem here on 01-14-2006. He says the device should be permanently wired to the 120V, not through an indoor switch. I don’t see how but could this be my problem?

Would appreciate any suggestions.

a photo cell may be turning it on at dark, is a dual type?? got a model number??
    Is it beer thirty??

Comment

to function properly the motion sensor should be fed continuously with 120 volt on the black & white wires. If you wish the output switched wire a single pole switch in series with the red wire and the load. if you switch the black wire, then everytime you turn on the switch, the internal timing circuit is continually reset.

Comment

Go back over the instruction manual. Switching the light on and off in certain sequence often is an overide ON.

Naturally, it should not respond to motion during daylight...the photocell insures that. But as you flick the switch after dark, you may be activating the "overide ON"

Comment

Motion Spotlight

The following shows the connections for a motion spotlight with an explanation.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =