Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical repairs to the Mast and Outside panel cost 2500.00 on day excessive?

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical repairs to the Mast and Outside panel cost 2500.00 on day excessive?

Hello... A tree branch fell onto the power line and pulled out one or so wires from the Mast and with lots of snow remaining and no electricity I called HOULE ELECTRIC in Vanouver area

The electrician came to look at it, then came back late afternoon around 5:00 pm after he said he had to do a West Vancouver job and get materials for the repairs and then worked till about 8:30 pm

I agreed to the overtime charging double the rate 82.00 times two

But HOW on earth he charged me 11 hours of work with his electrical buddy come to 2500.00 ?

hope someone in the electrician in vancouver explain me if I was taken or thats the norm for emergency repairs???

thanks for any suggestions

The real peeve is that the electrician has to be licensed and he has to issue a final proof that all work is done is safe and only then will BC hydro come back to do the re-connection...

from a frustrated home owner

that is a little steep even at the overtime rate - but that's an agreement he and you had. in an emergency situation a permit can be pulled later but it has to be inspected before any electrical utility will hitch it up.

Comment

Are you only considering the time he was actually on site?
      What about the first trip out? What about gathering material? What about setting up and meeting for inspections?
      There is much more involved that the actual time with tools in our hands.

This was an after hours night time emergency call.
      I must say, I'd probably be around the same (considering the USD/CAD difference), but I'd give a flat price from the start.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =