• Show
Clear All

• Garage Wiring

On my new garage I am wiring I have 4 switches to lights
    1 has 3 lights on it, 100 watt bulbs
    2 has 3 lights on it , 100 watt bulbs
    3 has a motion light , 100 watt
    4 has an outside light, 75 watt

I plan on puttting all 4 of these on 1 15 amp circuit. I did use 14-2 with Ground for all of these.
    My plan is to run 14-2 from the panel to the first switch box, catch 2 switches there and then onto the next switch box and catch the other 2 switches. The 2 switch boxes are stacked. Is this plan ok?

I have my plan but would someone draw me a hookup schematic? The switches are all before the lights.
    I would like someone elses input on the plan.

Thanks
    John

Garage wiring

OK, gang together four boxes. FIRST BOX has the feeder plus load 1. 2ND BOX has load 2, 3RD BOX has a switch for the load off the motion sensor, and 4TH has load 4.
    SPLICE all whites together. SPLICE together the feederblack, three black jumpers and the black off the three wire going to the motion sensor.
    Take the red of the three wire going from the motion sensor to its switch, the load back to the lamps in the motion sensor is the two wire in THAT box. Each other load - 1, 2, 4 has its own load two wire.
    THE THREE WIRE TO THE MOTION SENSOR. At the motion sensor splice the black to sensor black, white to motion sensor white, red to the motion sensor red.
    THE TWO WIRE TO THE MOTION SENSOR - white wire to the lamp load at sensor, black to the lamp load at sensor.
    [Note: the motion sensor needs a constant 120 volts for its electronics. If it is switched then it will go into "test" mode every time it is switched on.] That's the reason I'm switching the load off the red wire. the red is the motion sensor's relay.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =