Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enterprise generator...

Am looking for info for an Enterprize generator info. Info: alternating (KA) motor type, Frame 65, model Y30B79K56526, 1/2 hp, 1725 rpm, 60 cycle, 110V/8amp, 220V/4amp, 60 minute rating 50*C NO. LP3.
    The info needed is parts and wiring diagram. Where might I dig stuff up on this?

where did you find this? I looked into "stand alone generator heads" and found several but not an exact match of yours.

Comment

Too dark.

Hi, HayZee.
      It's dark where I had my head while typing that message. Got some notes confused.
      The CORRECT (?) info is that the machine is listed thus:
      Generac Alternator Model 6244-1, Serial 0314803, 4,000 watt.

I have no idea what the engine is on it, except to say it's laying on it's side and appears in good mechanical condition. I'm looking for info on what brand engine is on this, and a schematic for it and the connections to the (alternator).
      I've tried some of the search engines with no success.

Thanks for any help.

Comment

Probably a Honda engine. Most generac's I've seen and worked on are.

Comment

Generac Alternator

This appears to be very old. Cast iron block. AA and some numbers following are on the crank end plate. Can't find any other tell tales so far.

Comment

I saw your posting in another forum. the way most generators are wired is one field lead is neutral one is a 120 volt hot. if there's two field leads then two are 120 volt hot, one out of phase with the first one and the last lead is neutral. if you "ring it out" with a meter set to RX! resistance you'll find one lead common to the two windings. one set will equal the other with resistance. one set will be higher thats the two 120 volt leads.

Comment

Generator

Thanks for the help, HayZee. Now onto the next issue, also electric. We're not sure if the (I presume) magneto is good. How can I check that it's producing? Is there a resistance range that would claim it being good? I can clearly see it, as the flywheel has been removed. Inside of wheel is very clean, as is the coil. No apparent cracks or blemishes in the coil.

Comment

The magneto has two iron pieces embedded in the white metal of the rotor which are magnetized. if you have residual magnetism then it is assumed that it will produce a rising and falling of the magnetic field which will induce a voltage into the spark coil. clearance between the coil and magneto is .032 of an inch, about the thickness of a credit card. One side of the secondary is grounded as is one side of the high voltage coil. the other side of the secondary, once flowing through the winding is also grounded through the shut off switch. each revolution of the magneto produces a rise and fall in voltage on the secondary which induces a high voltage spike in the primary that goes to the spark plug. when you shut off the switch you are opening the secondary circuit and so, not completing the circuit. Hence no voltage is produced. for the generator part, there is a residual magnetic field present in the rotating field. (wound rotor) its output goes to two diodes which are grounded. as the machine rotates it impresses a magnetic field on the coils an part of which is introduced back into the rotor to keep it magnetized. the output is dc because of the diodes. one diode produces half wave, two diodes produce full wave square wave DC. Imagine a sinusoidal waveform. the voltage goes up on the positive side, then down below the reference line to a value equal to the positive but in the opposite polarity. a square wave is this sinusoidal waveform with the upper half chopped off and the negative pulse also chopped off. but because it is going positive and negative, it can be transformed. straight dc doesn't go below the reference line so it can't be transformed. it rises to a value above the zero reference and stays there.

Comment

Alternator.

So well explained I think I actually understand it! I have seen the flattened waves before, never knew 'till now what that was all about. You're good, HayZee. Thanks for your help. I'll print this out and study on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =