Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GFCI plug tripped and i cant find it!!!

Okay, my wifes hair dryer tripped the GFCI plug in our new house... where its at.. i have no clue. whoever wired this house is a whack job.. because the plugs in all three of our bathrooms now dont work and i think ive been through every plug in the house and pressed the reset switch and i still cant get electricity to these outlets on both floors of the house!

I checked the breaker box and no breakers have been tripped either! is there any way i can find if im missing a plug somewhere? this is driving me nuts!

Have you checked in the cabinets? I don't have a clue why it's there, but I found an outlet in one of my bathroom cabinets.

Let us know how it turns out.
    Try

Comment

GFCI's are typicly placed in areas where water may be present. Places to check: Kitchen outlets, Bathroom outlets, Garage outlets, Outdoor outlets, etc.

Comment

Check garage plugs (sometimes hidden behind boxes) outdoor plugs, and athroom and kitchen plugs. Make sure the CB in the panel is not a GFIC type. See if there is a reset on it besisides the normal reset.
        Joe

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
        <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

I just found one below my breaker box that fixed my problem... maybe check around your breaker box, sounds simple, and dont ask me how I missed it....... but just incase...

Thanks - Tony Montana

Comment

Your problem sounds more like a breaker than a GFI. one problem with a lot of breakers is that when they pop the switch handle does not return to the full off position. One at a time shut off each of you breakers, ALL the way off. Then turn them back on. Good luck
            john

Comment

Working...
            X
            =