Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor info question....

I have an electric motor I believe to be of German manufacture. I also understand it to have been used on medical equipment. The info on the side plate is:
    Heinzman, D79677 SCHONAO,TYPE SL-12-2NPB, NR 96 09 3549, AUSF=11-71, M=100 NCM, U=52VDC, I=8,5A, P=355W,N=3380 1/min.

Attached is a pic showing part of the wiring. The questions are: Should the red wire connect north/south as does the blue? If power is given plus/minus to the top leads and switched at the bottom, that is blue could be positive at the top when powered, but switched negative at the bottom, would that power the motor clockwise/counterclockwise? Am I to assume this motor needs 52 volts, 8.5 amps and will spin 3380 rpm? I tried the I-net, but can't find a schematic for this. Any suggestions?

I can't find anything definite but I did find that some dc motors have an internal circuit board used for frequency conversion. If your motor has permanent magnets for a field then the rest of the connections are directly to the rotor. if yours has a wound stator or field then you can wire it up as a series motor - in to the rotor on one brush, then out the other brush to one field winding [F-1] then to one stator winding [S-1] then on to the other field [F-2] and finally come out to the other stator winding [S-2] to power.
    compound wiring is different in that the two field or stator windings can be in parallel. or still series/compound. confusing??

Comment

Working...
    X
    =