Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub Panel Ground

The electrical requirements for my welder call for a 50 amp, 250 volt 2 pole, 3 wire grounding type receptacle. The green wire goes to ground. If I wire this to my main panel, neutral and ground go to the same bus, no problem. However, I am using a subpanel in which the ground and neutral must be isolated. To code, where does the green wire go in the subpanel? to ground or neutral? Thanks,

quote:Originally posted by TeePee

The electrical requirements for my welder call for a 50 amp, 250 volt 2 pole, 3 wire grounding type receptacle. The green wire goes to ground. If I wire this to my main panel, neutral and ground go to the same bus, no problem. However, I am using a subpanel in which the ground and neutral must be isolated. To code, where does the green wire go in the subpanel? to ground or neutral? Thanks,
    The ground for the welder receptacle should go to the ground buss in the sub panel.

A.D

Comment

In a sub panel you need to attach the ground wire to a ground bar.
      Some subpanels don't have these. If that's the case you need to install one. $5 at Home Depot. Screw it into the panel. Make sure the panel has a good metal ground to either the main panel or a metal water pipe or submerged ground bar.

Did you ever see OHM'S mother in LAW?...... SHOCKING!
      <i>Did you ever see OHM\'S mother in LAW?</i>...... <font color=\"red\">SHOCKING!</font id=\"red\">

Comment

Working...
      X
      =