Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillette Generator no output

We've got a 6KW Gillette Generator that is no longer producing electricity. I got my hands on the service manual and have completed the diagnostic tests. According to the manual, I have a bad stator. I am not convinced that this is the problem. There has been no mechanical damage(dropped, etc.) it has not been in or exposed to water, and there is no visible sign of a short or other damage on the stator.

I am wondering if a bad diode(or two) will give a reading that the stator is shorted??

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

JR

Originally posted by JeffersonXX View Post
    We've got a 6KW Gillette Generator that is no longer producing electricity. I got my hands on the service manual and have completed the diagnostic tests. According to the manual, I have a bad stator. I am not convinced that this is the problem. There has been no mechanical damage(dropped, etc.) it has not been in or exposed to water, and there is no visible sign of a short or other damage on the stator.

I am wondering if a bad diode(or two) will give a reading that the stator is shorted??

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

JR
    I don't know how to do it, but read some where when the stator
    does not work that you can hook a battery to the gen. for just a few seconds. i think they call it exciting the stator. See if you can find it on line.
    later paul

Comment

Thanks Paul

I did that procedure, Gillette calls it "flashing the field". No result. Replaced the capacitor just to make sure. No luck.

...seems like we had a guy in high school that was "flashing the field" during a homecoming game...

JR

Comment

Working...
      X
      =