Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting exterior "faux" brick

I'm having the siding of my home painted this summer and the bottom part of the exterior (in the front) is a very dated, odd colored "faux" brick facing. Does anyone have any good references or ideas on how to go about painting this area - including the black "mortar" area? I would really like to get rid of this very dated aspect of the house, but certainly don't want to make it look worse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

To refresh your faux brick exterior, start by cleaning the surface thoroughly to remove any dirt and mildew, and fix any cracks or damage. Next, apply a masonry primer to help the paint stick better and last longer. For painting, choose a modern color like gray, beige, or white for the main brick area. When it comes to the black mortar lines, you can either paint them to match the brick color or use a contrasting color for a stylish look.

Use a brush or a roller with a thick nap to handle the textured surface, and apply several thin coats rather than one thick one for a smoother finish. Once everything is dry, add a clear sealer to protect your new paint job from the elements. If painting doesn’t give you the look you want, you might consider cladding over the faux brick with a different material for a completely new appearance. Happy painting!

Comment

Working...
    X