Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Vinyl Flooring?

I have horrible vinyl flooring in a kitchen that I plan to redo in another year but I was wondering if it is possible to paint vinyl flooring and if so, how do I go about doing it?? Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Well, I'm going to step into this one.....Since there's a paint that holds up on porches and garages and house exteriors, I would think that a kitchen floor could be apinted. Also, since paint is pretty much 'plastic' anyway, I would think (my $0.02) that you could do this and it would come out fairly well. Especially if there's no 'character' to the vinyl and that it's pretty smooth. I'd suggest scuffing it all with something like ScotchBrite. Wash, dewax and rinse it well FIRST! don;t want to grind any waxes into any scuff scratches. Then apply your paint. Since your replacing it in a year anyway, any wear marks can be easily touched up in the mean time.

Comment

I've done it.

I did this in a rental house. Prime with oil based primer (kilz) and roll it out top with polyurathayne. it lasted 5 years before i replaced the floor and it still looked good !

Comment

Working...
      X
      =