Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring advice needed

I want to install some sheet vinyl flooring in a couple of rooms and on some stairs. Someone recommended the self-adhering type as opposed to the type that needs adhesive. I would like to know the pros and cons of using this type of flooring versus the normal type.

Thanks for the help
    Jeff

Sorry no one answered this post Jeff ,if you are still needing please get back on and let us know

Floorman
    floorlayers union local 1310
    Floorman
    floorlayers union local 1310

Comment

I would think the self adhesive type is less forgiving than the use adhesive type. At least when the sheet goods need to be moved around slightly then the apply adhesive stuff works better. The self ashesive stuff I compare to a contact adhesive. put it down wrong and it stays stuck!

Comment

I am finally getting to the task at hand and I've decided to use the fibre-backed linoleum. However, I have another question regarding the old flooring. I am removing the old flooring to the subfloor and installing new underlayment. How clean does the subfloor need to be? How picky do I need to be about removing the adhesive/paper that remains stuck to the subfloor? Any advice on how to remove this adhesive would be appreciated.

Thank You
        Jeff

Comment

Working...
        X
        =