Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refinishing wood floor

Does anyone know anything about non-sanding wood floor refinishing?

Sanding floors.

There is a product called Liquid Sandpaper. I've used it with much success. Two ways can be done. One is to brush it on a previously painted or varnished surface and wait 'till it gets tacky, then paint or varnish over it. The second way is to mix it with the paint or varnish. It's a great product to use where there's a lot of intricate work that would make sanding impossible. Not to mention... no dust~!

Comment

I'm confused , do you want to re finish the floors with polyurethane or paint them ?
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

refinishing wood floors

I'm planning on polyurethaning the floors. I'm talking about using one of the services such as "Mr. Sandless" which is advertised on this site. Thanks

Comment

Ah I see, well that ones out of my ball court. I sand and then apply the polyurethane.
          I did just recently give one of those floor touch up products a go. It was in a house built around the 1950's mediocre quality finish left on the floors with plenty of scratches and natuarally a very dull finish, I applied one coat and to tell the truth I am surprised at the finish it achieved.
          It is a Bruce floor product.
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =