Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black mold near front door

Hi,
    I recnetly pulled up carpet in my new home. The house is about 15 years old. The sub floor was great in almost the entire house excpet near the front door. It looked as if there had been a water problem there awhile ago. The probelm is that there is black mold underneath. It is not wet nor does it smell. It is very dry but also very black. I have read that a way to get rid of it is to spray it was a water bleach mixture. Unfortunately it doesn't say what to do next. I assume wipe it up. Is this the best way to remove it? Other places say to replace the subfloor. Not really interested in doing that but if thats the best way then I would. Thanks

Mike

Make up a mix of 30% bleach and 70 % water, spray the area down and using a sponge scrub the area down, rinsing the sponge regulary. Let the area dry and then respray a small amount of the mix again let it dry completely then do what you were planning to do in the way of floor coverings.

If you really want to be safe you could always paint the area after it is dry with a polyurethane just to seal it of.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =