Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut - Horrible Job needs repairing

This is my first post here, so please take it easy

I hired Phoenix Flooring in Connecticut to refinish and install the floors in my house. About 90% of the job was refinish and 10% install. On day 1, it turned out they mis-measured the space where new flooring was required. But, "Don't worry, I'll add it to the bill", was the comment I received. After they sanded they put down the stain. They missed HUGE spots, did not get into the corners, and did not plug the holes. Also, they spilled stain on the floor in 2 places, and were totally obvious by looking at it, and it leaked through the floor on to my furnace. Talk about a fire hazard! Common sense says that when you spill a lot of liquid on a wood floor, it is going downstairs! They never bothered to check it out. Luckily it is summer and the furnace was not on. Also, what else they did:
    Urinated on the floors and walls in my bathroom.
    They turned down the A/C to zero and left it on overnight, which could have burned out the motor.
    They left every light on in the house was on.
    THEY LEFT MY FRONT DOOR OPEN!!!!

I apologize for digressing, but DO NOT HIRE PHOENIX HARDWOOD FLOORS IN CONNECTICUT!!

Here is my problem. They put the filler into the holes, but never stained them. Does that stuff ever dry? It has been sticky for 2 weeks now. Can I stain over that anyway?

first of all - take phoenix to the cleaners! it's obvious they are not professionals much less have ANY respect for the homeowners. Now is the filler they used of the water based type or solvent base type? Durham's water putty is water based and dries overnight. Plastic wood is solvent and dries within a couple of hours. What is the finish? --> urethane or a hard polymer like Fabulon?

Comment

Working...
    X
    =