Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for product to change color/appearance of ceramic tile

I have ceramic tile in the kitchen, and I would like to change the look. Is there any product on the market that you can put over existing tile to change the color of the actual tile, without having to pull up the old tile first. I am not looking to change just the grout, but the whole look/color of the tile.

I have had people tell me that they saw a product like a thin layer of cement put over, then glazed.

Has anyone heard of such a thing? Or any other suggestion besides tearing up existing ceramic tile, and changing grout color.

Thanks

Marla Gardner

There is a company out there that makes some paint-on products - one is called Roller Rock, and another Spreadstone. They are for exterior or interior use. I think they can be applied to just about anything. Never have used it myself, but it looks very interesting - am thinking of using it for the front walk and steps. I think you could apply that over your tiles.

Comment

changing tile color

On one of the zillion DIY shows on TV, Bathroom Renovations with Amy Matthews, the episode on 12/24/06 concerned, among other things, doing just that.

The homeowner wanted to update the colors in a seriously outdated bathroom.

These DIY shows always make everything look so easy and even they, basically, "subbed" it out. (had a Pro do it)

I'd rather rip it all out and re-do it completely but this link to the show might give you some idea's:

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X
      =