Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Flooring Sealer

I have recently put down some 12"x12" tongue and groove, pre finished oak, parkay flooring. I knew it was not the highest quality flooring when we bought it, but it was easy, inexpensive, and it looks pretty good. However, I have noticed small cracks between the 1" parkay strips and the joints between each 12x12 piece are approximately 1/16"+/-. The rub is, I suppose due to the lower quality, the finish does not extend into the joints and between the 1" strips. thus leaving some room for moisture problems and dirt collection. I am looking for ideas about what to use to seal/fill these cracks and joints. I would assume something plyable would be desired in the joints since there is always going to be movement due to humidity changes.
    Years ago when I was a young boy I would use a wax made by Johnson's on my mothers' higher quality wood parkay. I think this would work but am concerned about damaging the poly finish. Any ideas or comments

wax

I think the wax would probably work fine, and is about the only thing that I can think of. I doubt it would damage the poly finish, and most would probably wipe off as you polished it into the joints.

Hope this helps.
    leone184

Comment

Working...
    X
    =