Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Concrete Floors

I rently painted our concrete slab floor taupe with Benjamin Moore Floor and Patio paint. Unfortunatley, I only put one coat and the paint is already coming up in a lot of spots (to show the bright blue color that was there before). I intend to put another coat on and then seal it with some sort of polyurethane or something to make it more resistent. Any recommendations on a sealant coat or what I might be doing wrong?
    Patricia

Paints will not stick to concrete because of the ambient moisture contained in the concrete. You need to use a water based epoxy to solve you problems. This product is moisture insensitive and is applied to a DAMP concrete floor. They have a special agent that allows the epoxy to be absorbed by the concrete forming a strong mechanical bond. It is permeable so it wil resist hydrostatic pressure and not come up. You need to sand or strip away the old paint so that the concrete can absorb water, anywhere it beads up you need to clean or remove that system. Wash the floor, acid wash the floor, rinse throughly and the apply the coating. Since I started using this product I have found it to be superior to anything on the market, and it create a seamless, chemically resistant and easily cleanable surface that performs and looks great!
    I won't use anything else for a concrete suface now but this! Check it out and see if it's appropriate for your needs.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =