Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Existing Hardwood for Tile

I am tiling a bathroom with existing hardwood floors. I am installing a marble threshold at the door. Do they make a Threshold to cover the hardwood I have to cut. Where do you recommend cutting the hardwood ( middle of door, even whith edge of jamb????). What should I cut the floor with to make a fine cut inside the door way? Is there going to be a gap between the hardwood and the threshold? Thanks

The threshold is the transition from the new tiled bathroom floor to outside the bathroom floor. You should be first installing a backer board on the bathroom floor first (screwed and glued), then your tiles, then the threshold then grout. (unless th threshold covers over the tile then threshold is last.
    I cannot see why you would need to cut any hardwood floor before tiling, basically the backer board is laid over the floor. As a giude when the door is shut you shouldn't be able to see the new tile, so the exterior edge of the bathroom door is the line for tile/transition strip.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

I guess i din't specify enough. The room I am tiling has hardwood floors now. I need to cut across the doorway to remove the floor in this room. I will then install backer board and tiles.

Comment

OK, then as mentioned cut out the floor so that when the door is shut from the outside what you see is the outside floor surface right up to the outside edge of the door.
        Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
        Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =