Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laminate flooring

We're trying to decide between new carpeting or laminate flooring for our house. We live in a small house with a five year and another child on the way. I'm looking for advice on pros/cons of laminate vs. carpet. Is laminate durable and okay if children spill on it frequently as long as we wipe it up right away?

I'm also wondering how difficult it is to install laminate by ourselves. My husband and I are inexperienced and not handy! How hard is it to accurately measuer and lay properly? Is it worth it to pay a professional to install it for us?

I would appreciate any advice or comments. Thanks in advance!

Go with the laminate, and yes its easy enough to install.

Comment

Definitely go with laminate flooring. It is comparable in price and alot less trouble.Most of the laminate these days that have the green colored joints are 100% water resistant. If you left a flood on the floor for a day, oh well, but just think what it would do to carpet!! Carpet isn't good for babies let alone adults and causes problems with your respiratory system, always dusty. That contributes to the many allergies people have today.
      Very easy to install. Do not pay some one to do it if you can swing a hammer and bend over on your knees. Unless you have a complicated layout in your room ,you don't need to measure anything. Start with one strip on one side of the room and when at the last piece, turn it around and upside down and measure with the piece of laminate. Cut it and use the other piece at the other end and start the next row.Measuring tapes are needed for around corners and angles. This stuff goes together very easy. Stick with a good brand name like hercules, talk to your salesman.
      Kevcules

Comment

You'd better learn the way of installation for a few hours first.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =