Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

Laminate or hardwood? Which do you recommend?

Jaz

Its going to be for the hallway and dining room - so lots of traffic with 3 kids and a dog - plus endless guests, visitors and kids friends coming through!

Cheap budget really. I do like hardwood but i understand laminate is cheaper. Any ideas of where to go for cheap hardwood?

Thanks

Jaz

Comment

lumber liquidators would be your best shot.

Comment

Thank you

Im based in the UK so they would be no use to me! Thanks anyway though.

I think ive decided on oak hardwood flooring as i have just bought some gorgeous oak furniture from Oak Furniture Land. co . uk So i'm guessing it will look good and compliment my furniture!

Thanks for your help

Jaz

Comment

If your in the UK why are you asking us a place to buy at ?
          Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
          Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Hi Jaz, this is the real Jaz! I just wanted to say g'day to you.

If you're not using ceramic tiles I recommend real hardwood, non of that artificial laminate junk. However, with kids and a dog, you should be installing ceramic for sure! Real wood is going to look shabby within 5 years or so. Laminate looks and sounds cheap, and it is cheaper than the others of course.

Jaz

Comment

Wood floor....

IS it possible to find 'reclaimed wood' in your area? Sometimes an old house will have the flooring stripped out and that can be refinished quite nicely. Once it's verified clean of nails, it can be run through a planer to freshen the surface and relaid in your house as new material.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys, really usefull thank you!

I agree Jaz about the problem with hardwood looking shabby after the kids and dog trashes it lol....so Im guessing laminate is going to be more hard wearing for this kind of thing..

thanks also for the suggestion about the reclaimed wood - hadnt thought of that one!

Jaz

Comment

Working...
                X
                =