Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen floor - granite or porcelain?

Hi,
    I am refitting my small domestic kitchen and want to lay a floor that's not too expensive but hard wearing. The 7 sq mtr floor will be laid onto a concrete base. I am torn between granite and porcelain but cannot decide which as I want a plain black (or nearest to), glossy finish, and a tile approx size 400 x 400mm or bigger. I have to work out the wastage on these sizes but would like to know if there is a preference in which type of tile to go for first.
    Many thanks.

tile selections

you can't go wrong with porcelain...it is tougher than granite without the maintenance

ceramictilepro

Comment

Porcelain
      Granite needs to be maintained and the only way you can get glossy will be very dangerous if it ever gets wet.

There are Porcelain tiles made out there that are black or closest to that are glossy but textured. Eliminating the danger of slip&fall

Comment

Well I don't prefer the glossy granite tiles flooring for any room let alone the kitchen. Apart from being dangerous if wet they are also a bit more difficult to maintain.

Comment

I recently refinished a kitchen and games room area in my basement with black porcelain tile 24"x24" and it looks GREAT! The tile has an embossed surface. Planning your layout is the most important step to make sure you eliminte waste and with tiles this large I was able to minimize waste.

I can send more pics and look up the manufacture info if you like.

Comment

BMB, that flooring looks great..
            Is it beer thirty??

Comment

Looks sharp!

I did a basement game room like that with black and white ceramic. The room had a Nascar theme. The floor looked like the finish line flag.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =