Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reparing Divots in concrete floor

I'm helping my buddy repair his concrete floor, and were not 100% sure what to use. Its not stained concrete, it was just painted on, however the guy who did it in the first place just removed the tiles and painted over it, leaving divots (which have grown into cracks in some places) all over the place. Now my questions were, should i get the paint out of the divots before trying to patch them, and what should i use to patch them. Im assuming using fresh concrete would cause stress lines further down the road and make it all for naught in the end. If theres anyone who knows a product that could do what im looking for i'd be greatful

Yes you will have to remove all the paint to get a good bonding surface.
    Have you thought about covering the entire area with a "Surface Repair" skim coat ?
    It's available at all big box stores, goes on runny fills voids, sets up to a new smooth surface. The secret is always in the preperation.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Thank you, I will look into that

Comment

Is that the easiest most reasonable way to make a cement floor in uneven and unpainted shape look better?

Comment

from a practical standpoint, yes. industry uses a floor repair product that withstands heavy traffic like forklifts that would shatter regular concrete skim coats. I worked at a textile factory where all the floors were hard rock maple. the heavy areas of traffic were covered with a composition floor product that was skid resistant. looked almost like concrete. never cracked and withstood heavy electric forklifts that ferried 6 ton rolls of materials 24/7.

Comment

I guess I should explain myself a little more. I moved into a fix up house and would like to make the basement (with a cement floor slightly damaged) a living area. I am placing carpet squares in a part of the area (where I plan to be a social TV area) but would like to either paint the rest of the floor OR tile or make the rest of the floor nice looking in the most economical way.

Comment

use a floor levelling compound meant for tile application. if the cracks and uneven ness can be lived with, apply a silicone sealer to keep concrete dust down and then a finish coat of your favorite color.

Comment

Thank you very much that is what I needed to know.

Comment

Re: Reparing Divots in concrete floor

Remove all paint from the divots before making repairs. For this type of repairs I would recommend Roklin’s Concrete Welder. Other products can be used to repair the divots, but it is my contention that those products may not hold up as well as Concrete Welder.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =