Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheet Vinyl vs. Vinyl Tile

My girlfriend and I are planning on installing new flooring in the kitchen. We have decided on either a Sheet Vinyl or Vinyl Tile. However, a quesiton arose that made our decision hard to make

With the sheet vinyl, because of the measurements of a room, how do you go about covering up any cut marks. For example, if the kitchen is over 13ft wide, and the sheet is only 12ft wide, how do you go about patching the extra area without making a noticable mark on the floor. Kind of like how people laying carpet do a great job of hiding cut marks (that is the best way I could explain it).

Basically you lay the second piece next to the 12' wide piece butted together tight. Most often the two edges are glued down to the flooring below, there is also a product available (at Lowe's and the like) called "Seam Sealer", this is applied over the butted seam and seals the joint.
    That's why in many cases people try to stay with a lined pattern on the sheet flooring, they use the line to be the seam, that way it is not as noticeable, you will also notice when shopping for sheet vinyl that many manufacturers have the patterns positioned so that both edges of the 12' sheets end with a line.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =