Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for carpet people

We have been in the process of remodeling our new house room by room and was wondering if it is posible for the carpet guys to not seam our new carpet to the old carpet and still be able to come back and seem it when we get the next room ready? we are getting carpet in our bedroom and we are not ready for carpet in the hallway it meets up with.

nate

quote:Originally posted by nates

We have been in the process of remodeling our new house room by room and was wondering if it is posible for the carpet guys to not seam our new carpet to the old carpet and still be able to come back and seem it when we get the next room ready? we are getting carpet in our bedroom and we are not ready for carpet in the hallway it meets up with.

nate

Comment

I'd bet they'd cooperate with you. Especially if you offered the installers some form of compensation for the added effort...

Comment

what exactly would they have to do. just cut it and leave a lip of backing to seam with?

Comment

How long will it be until you are ready for carpet in the hallway? If it isn't that long, they can leave enough carpet for it not to be a problem. Otherwise, you could make the seam with the old carpet an inch or two in the hall. Then there would be excess to make the seam when the time comes.

There is definitely a solution, I am sure the carpet guys will know what to do.
          Try

Comment

Originally posted by nates

nate
            that's a great question i hope you come back with what you decided to do in that case i'm thinking of carpeting the upstairs guest rooms and don't wnat the hassle of unsightly seeming mishaps

Comment

Carpet Seams

I am one of the installers with carpetguyzinc.com and you end the carpet in the middle of the doorway to the room with the old carpet with a metal strip so it will protect the edge of the new carpet from fraying as you walk on it. Then at a later date when you are ready to replace the carpet in the other room it can be seamed together. Best of luck to you in your home improvements. And Happy New Year from all of us at carpetguyzinc.com !!

Originally posted by nates View Post

nate

Comment

Working...
              X
              =