Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handyman fumbled my LVP Flooring job

After having a leak in my bathroom, it seemed to compromise my subfloor, so I had it redone/replaced. A local Handyman I hired for the job ended up not cutting the bottom of the door frames on either side and sliding the plank underneath like I have seen in our other rooms. It ended up looking like a set of tiny Tetris blocks and I know that can't be good. I do know that flooring may tend to shift over time and if this is left unsealed, any water that enters these gaps can start to eat at the subflooring.
    Not being one to attempt flooring, that is why I hired someone to do it in the first place. Without having to tear up the floor in the one area, I was wondering if there is some kind of way to "cap" the bottom of the door frame and seal it with caulking maybe? I know when I see decorative frames for some windows or doors, they have some kind of square block at either of the top edges to make it look cleaner. Is there something I can look for at the Home store that I can use to seal and cap them instead?

You can fix the gap between your door frames and flooring without tearing up the floor! First, clean the gaps well. Then, check out your local home store for decorative door trim or casing that can cover the gaps neatly. If you prefer a simpler solution, use a high-quality caulk or sealant to fill in the spaces and smooth it out. Once it’s dry, you can paint or stain it to match your decor. Another option is to install a threshold or transition strip to cover the gap and give a polished look. This will help protect your subfloor and give your space a finished appearance.

Let me know if you need any further assistance, thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X
    =