Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor Flood Damage.

My laundry room flooded and the water travelled into the room behind it. This happened a few das ago. I mopped up all the water in the laundry room and in the other room, which is carpet I soaked it all up really well and put a fan on it. Carpet dried fine, relative humidity wasnt above 40%. My concern is the wall.

Some of the base boards were wicking up water a bit. Water was only 1/4 inch deep at most and didnt even wick up halfway the baseboard. Behind it in the corener and a foot long stretch I could see the water wick up 3 inches of the drywall.

I didnt think much about it and just put fans on it. I mean standing (potable) water wasnt above bottom plate. My concern is could mold grow inside the wall?

The best way but most unpractical would be to remove the base boards to allow air flow but that's a little difficult, keep the fans on the section that got wet for a few days with the carpet pull back. As long as it doesn't continue to get wet you should be ok.
    One thing you may have to do is paint the stained section of drywall with a stain sealer like Kilz etc... otherwise that watermark will keep coming out.
    Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
    Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =