Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible main line clogged

i am having a issue with the drains in 1 bathroom and also the washing machine drain.
    in the bathroom the toilet does not always completly flush, it is about 50/50 on a complete drain of the basin. when using the shower airbubbles come up into the toilet. occasionally the tub will get standing water and is slow to drain.

now the washing machine is not next to the bathroom but when the machine drains water i can hear the drainpipe fill with water and about 25% of the time i get water on the floor.

im not sure if the bathroom main line and the washing machine line are connected before going to the septic tank. the kitchen is inbetween the 2 and i have no problems with the sink draining nor do i have problems with the other bathroom.

i ahve tryed commercial drain cleaners and it seemed to help the washing machine for a while.

any suggestions will be helpful

thanks

I'd dig the tank inlet and have a look at what is going on.

Either the tank is full and needs servicing or, the line is clogged.

Either way you will know for sure by looking at the tank then be able to pick the right course of action to remedy the situation.
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

I'd vote for plugged, in my experiences if the tank is full the toilet won't go down unless you plung it. If you have trees near the line to septic could be root growth too, you'd be suprised how those darn things get into a pipe.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =