Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Water Line but want to supply multiple sprinklers

I have a well for outside watering, it is currently just supplying 1 spigot. The well is in my basement and the down pipe is 1" poly. It then goes to 1/2" and to the spigot. I have no problem replumbing the line to make it 1" all the way to the spigot but how would I get it to supply multiple shut offs to control multiple sprinklers? Currently I can only run 1 sprinkler, if I try 2 the sprinklers spraying distance is pathetic. I figure the submersible pump costs the same to supply 1 sprinkler as 4. I can easily make a manifold with a 1" trunk and (3) 3/4" outputs each with a spigot. My dilemma is I want the manifold outside without cutting more than a 1" hole in my rim joist and siding and something that won't seem too odd to an inspector when I sell in the future. My deck is also right near the existing spigot. I was originally thinking I could run a flexible line from in the house going under the deck and mount the manifold on the outside deck joist. I can then hook up the hoses to the spigot and water multiple areas at once limiting the amount of time the pump is on.

Are you going to be using a constant pressure valve?

Yes you should be able to run four sprinklers through a 1" pipe if the pump can keep up. You should pump it off once you make the switch from 1/2" to 1" and do a bucket test to see how many gallons per minute your pump can produce.

Average sprinklers use around 2.5 gallons per minute. That's a broad statement since there are gazillions of different types and flow rates out there.

Comment

Hey Speedbump, yes I have a constant pressure valve, I actually bought some equipment from you.

My dilemma is how to get the 1" line from in the house to outside and find a good area to mount this makeshift manifold I am going to make. I have to take into consideration draining the line for winter too (Minnesota).

Would 1" be overkill? Would 3/4" make more sense?

Comment

Hey Speedbump, yes I have a constant pressure valve, I actually bought some equipment from you.
        Yeah I know, I assume Matt took care of you with the new valve.

One inch is not overkill, 3/4"might give you friction loss that will just make the system less usable.

Since your building a manifold, I would use galvanized. You can fasten it to anything you want with u-bolts, nails or whatever works. It will last practically forever and be stronger than anything else including PVC. That also makes it easy to change hose bibbs when the old ones wear out. These days it's hard to get one that will last more than a few years.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =