Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furance

MY cabin in upstate newyork is flooded the basment has about 2 foot of water in it and the furnace motor is under water. what im trying to ask is if there is any chance of some carbon monxoide if is is off? or if it is on but not working? thank you

is the furnace oil or gas? I would imagine that if the motor is in the water and it tries to come on it would trip the breaker and shut off ther funace. If it is a oil burner with the oil gun motor under water it should not be able to fire the burner and should trip the primary control. If it is gas it could still burn if the burner is not flooded but chould vent fine if it is a natural vent if it is a power vent model you could have a problem. I would shut off power to the furnace pump the basement down and dry the furnace electronics before restoreing power to cause as little damage to the furnace as possible.

Comment

Turn off power to it and call for service once the flood is gone.

You will at a minimum need some parts replaced and at the worst a new unit.

Was your water heater flooded as well? If so shut that off and do the same.
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =