Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No water pressure

Sooo, my kitchen sink has no water pressure whatsoever. The small trickle of water makes doing dishes slightly difficult and extremely time consuming! I rent (moved in three weeks ago) and I'm on a tight budget...landlord won't return my phone calls and I'm not calling a plumber or a repair man. Any ideas?

Please and thank you!!!

Does the faucet have a side sprayer? If yes, how does that flow?

Unscrew the aerator off the end of the spout and make sure it isn't clogged with debris...

If you have a side sprayer and it is flowing well, and the aerator on the sink is not clogged with debris, then the diverter valve inside the faucet is bad and needs replacement.

If the diverter valve is bad we will need to figure out what brand and model faucet you have, a picture of the faucet may be helpful in this case...

Sounds like you have a slumlord for a landlord...
    There are ways of dealing with them...

It is always a good idea when you have a slumlord to throw a good first punch in the fight.
    If you hit them hard enough the first time they usually lose the will to fight and don't get back up off the floor.

Next time they usually avoid confrontation and do what you want...

Check the laws of your state...
    Here in CT my first instinct would be on the 1st of the month asking him what he intends to do about fixing the faucet rather than paying the rent...
    Any Grief at all and you say, "Bad Answer!" and walk away...
    Then if you intend to stay you have until 11:59 PM on the 10th day of the month to pay at which time I would hand deliver it to him....

But that is the laws of Connecticut and how you deal with a slumlord there....
    Last edited by Redwood; 06-25-2011, 04:10 PM.
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

I loooove love love your answer! No, I don't have side sprayer...I'll take a picture and post it asap.

He most definitely is a slumlord... He makes me so angry. He knows I'm a single mom and work full time, yet he makes everything so difficult. I left a message on his cell today and do you think he returned my phone call? No such luck. Not cool. Rent is due on the 1st of each month, which, like you thought, he will not be getting unless I get answers. I wanted to move in asap, and this whole place has been renovated, so there is no microwave. Apparently they still had to get the fire marsh. over here to inspect everything. They did about a week and a half ago, but still no microwave. And still no answers to my questions...

Soon he'll be getting my size 6 1/2 foot up his butt and the keys to this apartment up his nose...

Lol...And I mean this in the nicest way possible!!!

Comment

Without a side spray in all likelihood it is just the aerator that is clogged...

Just unscrew it off the end of the spout and clean it...

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
        Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
        Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
        Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

It could be, and most likely is an aerator issue. But you could have a more serious plumbing issue. As a renter you have your rights to a livable property and your landloard is required by law to take a look at it or he is required to call in a plumber for assistance. I have a friend that works for some local Boston plumbing, and when he gets called out to work at a home, this is the most frequent problem that occurs.
          Last edited by knowitall; 07-01-2011, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =