NexPump sump pump system?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cableaddict
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwood
    That's really nice. Better than the Ion Genesis, as it alternates but also turns both ac pumps on if heavy water. - Exactly what I was asking for, above.

    Ughh, more to consider .....

    Leave a comment:


  • Redwood
    replied
    There is a whole lote of reinventing the wheel ideas here....

    Alternating Dual Pump Control with Alarm

    High Water Level Alarm

    Auto Dialer

    Similar Products by Liberty Pumps
    Last edited by Redwood; 09-03-2011, 02:53 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cableaddict
    replied
    Originally posted by NexPumpowner

    1) User adds any 120 pump (within current range of switched outlet)
    2) ac pump + NexPump pump 1 installed at same level
    3) Install NexPump pump 2 slightly above

    Operation:
    Sensor on - turn on switched outlet. If current = 0; ac pump does not exist or is burned out. Turn on NexPump pump 1. As programmed now, if sump not empty in time = X; turn on pump 2

    Errors in ac pump line would be easy to detect with slight changes to existing programming
    eg)
    If current drops in NexPump pumps (indicating sump clear), turn off NexPumps. Wait 1 second; if ac line is still drawing current; then obstruction exists in ac line. Turn off ac line, send error message to user to check ac pump. Until user manually clears the alarm, run NexPumps only.

    If ac line current = 0, but sensor is on; then ac pump has failed
    This is not bad. Do you think it's an actual possibility?

    I'm not getting my hopes up, but I think I'll call "them" on Tuesday to discuss this. I'll post back here if anything sounds promising.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cableaddict
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwood
    It got close for a few minutes...
    Kinda' like my wife.

    Ba-DUM-pum! Thank you, I'll be here all week....

    Leave a comment:


  • Redwood
    replied
    It got close for a few minutes...

    Leave a comment:


  • HayZee518
    replied
    Boy, are we killing this posting. AND all the bad-mouthing. I thought we were in "Garden-Web!"

    Leave a comment:


  • NexPumpowner
    replied
    I think you are on to something here. Except that it could been done even easier just by adding only a switched ac line and changing the programming.

    1) User adds any 120 pump (within current range of switched outlet)
    2) ac pump + NexPump pump 1 installed at same level
    3) Install NexPump pump 2 slightly above

    Operation:
    Sensor on - turn on switched outlet. If current = 0; ac pump does not exist or is burned out. Turn on NexPump pump 1. As programmed now, if sump not empty in time = X; turn on pump 2

    Errors in ac pump line would be easy to detect with slight changes to existing programming
    eg)
    If current drops in NexPump pumps (indicating sump clear), turn off NexPumps. Wait 1 second; if ac line is still drawing current; then obstruction exists in ac line. Turn off ac line, send error message to user to check ac pump. Until user manually clears the alarm, run NexPumps only.

    If ac line current = 0, but sensor is on; then ac pump has failed
    Last edited by NexPumpowner; 09-03-2011, 05:44 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cableaddict
    replied
    If NexPump ever makes a system utilizing ac pumps (and something like the Sumpro battery) but with their electronics, that would really be something. Probably too expensive, though. Most people want the least expensive option. That's insane, IMO, but it's also reality. Personally, I'd buy it.

    Hey, Mr. NexPump inventor: (Since I know you're reading this thread)

    Why not make an AC-pump version of your system, with NO battery, and sell that as the primary system? Then the cost is even less than your current system. assuming the AC pumps can run for 30 seconds dry, there is no downside. Then, folks could use your existing product as backup, in a 24" wide pit. This would be a very solid, maintenance-free system. I'd buy it right now if it were available.

    Icing on the cake would be:


    1: Dual sensors, so if one fails, the unit looks to #2, before letting the (AC) pumps run continuously. The a warning, of course, that one sensor has failed.

    2: Pump alternation, ala the Ion Genesis, but with yet another sensor (mounted higher) that turns on BOTH pumps whe the water gets too high.

    One can dream .....
    Last edited by Cableaddict; 09-02-2011, 12:06 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cableaddict
    replied
    Originally posted by HayZee518
    Everybody is assuming the float system for pump start will fail. there is a system out there that uses a common metallic probe, an intermediate probe and a high level probe... we used those electronic level probes at western mass electric company for sump pumps installed in our upper reservoir control houses.
    Electronic sensor-switches (replacing mechanical floats) are common now, though I never heard of a home system using three sensors at three levels. That's some serious redundancy. Are you saying that such a detection / switching system is available right now, to the public, for use in sump pits?

    The best pump sensors I can find are the LevelGuard, and the Ion. - There is also the "Ion Genesis" controller, which additionally alternates between two pumps. The idea is that this lessens cycling, and gives the pumps more time to cool. (It would be a smart feature to add to the NexPump) The downside is that the two pumps can't run at the same time. They should improve it by adding a second, higher sensor, which tells the system to run both pumps at once.

    One of the very smart features of the NexPump (sigh...) is that if it detects a faulty sensor, it turns the pumps ON. - so you may eventually burn out a pump, but at least your basement won't flood. No other sensor system does this.
    Last edited by Cableaddict; 09-02-2011, 12:05 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Speedbump
    replied
    Thanks for the insult buddy after I merely joined to share my experience.
    Scratch the word "experience" and insert "product".

    Leave a comment:


  • Redwood
    replied
    It must have been me...

    I'm good with that...
    I'll never recommend a bilge pump as a sump pump so he'll just have to get over it!

    I'll keep replacing them every 2-3 years in my boat when they die though....

    Leave a comment:


  • HayZee518
    replied
    to whom are you referring to "insult" me or the previous poster? [hayzee]

    Leave a comment:


  • NexPumpowner
    replied
    Thanks for the insult buddy after I merely joined to share my experience.

    Buy the Aquanut - when the sensor fails say hello to 0 gph.

    If the NexPump sensor fails, it still pumps 5000 gph and would tell me immediately.

    Pull the plug on any other setup, disconnect the sensor(s), it is still running?

    Leave a comment:


  • HayZee518
    replied
    food for thought. everybody is assuming the float system for pump start will fail. there is a system out there that uses a common metallic probe, an intermediate probe and a high level probe. when water in the pit rises and hits the top probe, an electronic circuit switches on starting the pump. as water level drops and doesn't make contact with the intermediate probe the switching circuit disconnects and the pump stops. we used those electronic level probes at western mass electric company for sump pumps installed in our upper reservoir control houses.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cableaddict
    replied
    It's all good.

    Thanks, I'm going to look at the Aquanot as a potential backup, though I still think the StormPro ac pump, backed up by a 4-battery Sumpro, is probably best. Expensive, but I have a "absolutely cannot fail" situation.

    Speedbump, Yes, another typo! - Actually another mental lapse, but I'll blame it on my typing. (g)
    Generac 200a unit, of course.

    Leave a comment:

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...