Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insualted PEX

I'm researching insulated PEX tubing though. I'll need roughly 200' to go from the furnace into my basement, and from the furnace into the garage as separate loops. The best way I've heard of people installing the water pipes is to use corrugated drain pipe (without holes) to run each set of lines through to and from the furnace. I'll need a 1" hot and 1" return line for the heat in the house and also for the heat in the garage, and then 3/4" hot and 3/4" return for the DHW. One set of 1" pipes and the 3/4" set of pipes are both going into the house, so they can both be inside one corrugated drain pipe together, and then the other set of 1" pipes can be in their own drain pipe heading from the furnace into the garage. Each pipe needs insulated from each other, however, since significant heat transfer can occur between the hot line and the return line over a 100' (or so) distance. I expect water temperatures to be no more than 200 degrees F in the hot lines. What would be the best way to fit 2 1" lines and 2 3/4" lines (and a 12/3 wire) into a corrugated drain pipe and insulated all 4 pipes from each other? Worst case scenario, I could put the DHW and the house heat lines in separate corrugated pipes in the same trench.

have a look see at this product...

Rhinoflex Insulated PEX
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =