Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• varying water pressure

I own a 3 story townhome that was built in 2001. All of the mechanicals are on the 1st level. About a month ago, after coming home from a 4 day vacation, I noticed that I had less water pressure, particularly in the shower (which is on the top level). At first I thought the problem was with the water heater, but that didn't make sense to me since the cold water was also affected. I figured it issue was with the water softner, so I turned the lever to "bypass", but I'm still having the problem. I'm just trying to figure out who I should come out to look at it.

Typically, I'll start out with a little bit of pressure, then it goes down to a very slow trickle, then back up to a little bit of pressure. It goes through several stages during a 20 minute shower. I also notice that my toilets are taking longer to fill up as well as my other appliances taking much longer to go through their process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ana

Try removing the aerators on your faucet and clean them out, see if you see any white peices of plastic or flaking plastic in them. If your water handle in the shower is a one piece then its possible that the cartride is also clogged up. You can try removing it and cleaning it out, or just install a new one. Here is a link that'll show you how to remove it. Be very aware of it's orientation upon removal so it can be replaced exactly the same way.

quote:Originally posted by luna

I own a 3 story townhome that was built in 2001. All of the mechanicals are on the 1st level. About a month ago, after coming home from a 4 day vacation, I noticed that I had less water pressure, particularly in the shower (which is on the top level). At first I thought the problem was with the water heater, but that didn't make sense to me since the cold water was also affected. I figured it issue was with the water softner, so I turned the lever to "bypass", but I'm still having the problem. I'm just trying to figure out who I should come out to look at it.

Typically, I'll start out with a little bit of pressure, then it goes down to a very slow trickle, then back up to a little bit of pressure. It goes through several stages during a 20 minute shower. I also notice that my toilets are taking longer to fill up as well as my other appliances taking much longer to go through their process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ana

Comment

You have a water softener. Would you happen to have 'city' water or on your own well?

Comment

Working...
      X
      =