Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning water off on the toilet

Hi

We are renters and to tell you the truth, I have seen toilets in better repair than in the unit that we rent. We will be going on vacation for two weeks and I would like to turn off the water just for the toilets - I just don't trust them. Can I just turn off the water at the water source under and behind the toilet and flush the toilet before I leave to drain the water? Will that work? I don't feel the need to turn the water off at the main.
    Thanks in advance for the advice!

If the toilet is in that bad of shape the shutoff valve below the toilet may be too, sometimes they wont turn at all or start leaking when you use them, or work fine. If you turn the main off make sure the water heater is turned off to

Comment

Yes you can turn off just the water to the toilets at the toilet shut off valve (below the toilet), like previously mentioned though sometimes the shut off valve might develop a small drip when you move the valve, it shouldn't but if the toilets are in poor repair then odds are so are the shut offs, however if this happens then it is your landlords responsibility to make any needed repairs (once you notify him/her). Likewise if you don't touch the toilets and a leak develops, again it is the landlords responsibility to make repairs.
      I look at it this way, if the toilets aren't leaking now and haven't the time you have lived there, why would they start in the next two weeks ? Most issues with toilets are leaking flappers etc, if this happens the water goes down the drain anyway.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =