Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Oatey Water Hammer Device?

Hi All,

I have two of the small Oatey water hammer devices - one at the supply pipe after the whole house filter then another right at the washing machine.

They have been installed for 2 years now the and the cold water hammer is back. I understand there are o-rings and cushion of air inside of these devices.

So the question is can they be repaired? I beleive they are waterlogged now. These devices have a copper tube soldered into a brass base.

For reference we are on a well, 40-60PSI pump setting and have decent water (not real hard) but it does have iron in it.

Yes, I know these cost $15 but I am thrifty and mechanically inclined to fix things than buy and 2 years doesnt seem to be a very long life..

thanks in advance.

Carl

water hammer

Its unusual to have a water hammer device for the whole house. Usually they are installed at the device that has an ubrupt shut off potential, i.e. a washing machine valve. If yours is soldered in then you need to shut off the main, unsolder the shock absorber, drain it and re-solder it into the pipe. If it is one that uses hose fittings then shut off the water flow to Click image for larger version

Name:	1553ss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	87128Click image for larger version

Name:	Water_Hammer205-DJFes.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	87129it, unscrew the bib fittings drain it and re-install it.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =