Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak from shower stall?

I notice that outside my shower stall I'm getting some leakage, and it's starting to affect the flooring. What can I do to fix this? Is the problem from that missing caulk? I've noticed a couple of times a little water trail from the shower door, but it seems more likely that the problem is where the caulk is missing, right? If it is the caulk, do I have to replace the entire line, or can I patch it? (the pic doesn't seem to show up right unless you're logged in, fyi)

Thanks for any help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	shower.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	87710
    Last edited by McClure77; 01-21-2013, 07:20 PM.

It is hard to tell from the picture but it looks like its coming from under the base, Post pictures of the base inside and the door frames, It could be leaking at the valve or drain or a door installed wrong

Comment

shower

if the base is not cracked then I'd rule out the pan. but I'd look into the gasket between the drain and the pan. between the plastic drain and pan should be a layer of plumbers putty, underside of it should be a rubber gasket between the pan and drain proper and the large nut. below that would be the glued joint into the effluent line and/or trap. what's that area that looks like a crack in the sidewall near the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by jnaas2 View Post
        It is hard to tell from the picture but it looks like its coming from under the base, Post pictures of the base inside and the door frames, It could be leaking at the valve or drain or a door installed wrong

I don't see any huge red flags on the inside, but here are a couple of shots of the inside: (there is a black staining under some of the rubber grout/seal that could be an entry point for moisture, or it could be just normal mildew from it's more enclosed location) Let me know if I can take a picture that would give you more info. Thanks for your help!

Name:	IMAG0867.jpg
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	87145

Name:	IMAG0868.jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	87146

Comment

shower

I did take a look at your pictures. clean off all the silicone in the corner(s) and the mold that's there. wear a particle mask. that stuff ain't good for man or beast! Use acetone to clean off all the silicone.
          then re-apply a clear or white silicone caulking. especially in the corners of the door end seal and let get perfectly dry before you use the shower.
          put a dry paper towel on the floor next to where that stain is on the floor. run the water and see if the towel gets wet. if it does then you'll have to look further for leaks.

Comment

Make sure you remove and clean the silicone that's in the inside lower corner of the door aluminum frame, that is a notorious place for leaks.
            Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
            Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
              I did take a look at your pictures. clean off all the silicone in the corner(s) and the mold that's there. wear a particle mask. that stuff ain't good for man or beast! Use acetone to clean off all the silicone.
              then re-apply a clear or white silicone caulking. especially in the corners of the door end seal and let get perfectly dry before you use the shower.
              put a dry paper towel on the floor next to where that stain is on the floor. run the water and see if the towel gets wet. if it does then you'll have to look further for leaks.

Thanks I really appreciate your advice!

Comment

Thanks for your help! I appreciate your time!

Comment

Working...
                X
                =