Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tankless Water Heater not Sensing Demand

Hi,

I have a Noritz tankless water heater that seems to have trouble sensing a call for hot water in two upstairs bathrooms. I live in Canada and I have a NR981 natural gas model. The unit is just over 2 years old and is installed in the basement. The most noticeable problems occur in the 2 bath tubs located on the second floor.

The problem is that when the hot water valve is opened and the cold valve completely closed on either tub, the water goes from warm to full cold and stays at full cold. The only way to counteract this is to turn the hot water valve off and then open it again; this seems to act as reset for the system. This problem seems to happens at any time of day and season.

I have tried turning the unit off and unplugging the unit to try and "reboot" the system but this had no effect. I have removed and cleaned the water filter on the unit. I have also checked the temperature setting (setting is quite warm) and also the flow meter alarm but all of this seems fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

tankless heater

the heater is an on demand type heater. check the schematic out. there should be a flow switch that's not making up when you are calling for hot water. there may also be an aquastat in the outlet line that senses a drop in temperature that is not making up.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =