Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot water faucets

i tried to turn on the hot water in my guest bathroom, and it did nothing, turned on the cold, it worked fine. went into the kitchen, both faucets work propely. went to another bathroom, with double sinks, in one sink, both faucets work properly, the other, cold water works fine, hot does nothing. bath and shower work fine. went upstairs, all faucets work properly. any ideas?
    Last edited by bjt; 03-28-2013, 06:41 PM. Reason: typo

hot water

did you check the stop under the sink?

Comment

yes, i checked under both sinks. everything seems fine, except those two faucets. i just cannot understand how two out of fourteen do not work. i just checked again, seemed fine, turned the water off and on a couple times, as if i knew what i was doing, now, in the off position, the hot water works, and the cold does not. now i am really lost.
      Last edited by bjt; 03-29-2013, 09:32 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

faucet

OK, you've eliminated 90% of your faucets. Now at this one problem area, shut off the angle or straight stop at this location [hot & cold] and loosen the compression gland nut on both supplies. just so its loose.
        now turn on the supplies, one at a time and see if you have flow.
        if both have a good flow, then shut off the water supply again, remove both supply lines.
        reach underneath with a basin wrench and remove the faucet fixture to where you can work on it.
        if it's a delta faucet, remove the bonnet and the ball - look inside. there should be a little "tit" sticking out. this fits into a groove in the ball.

Comment

thank you. i have done this, have good water flow, but i found loads of sediment in the line. never saw anything like it before, but i bought this house recently, and have noticed there is major, big time hard water. i have cleaned the line, followed your instructions, and have put everything back together, and it is working beautifully in this bathroom now. going to tackle the other one now. thanks so, so much. you are awesome. i am turning into a pretty good lady plumber lol.
          Last edited by bjt; 03-30-2013, 12:59 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

lady plumber

well, I;m glad you were able to isolate the problem.
            90% of people can't follow instructions.
            Even if you tell them exactly what to look for and what to find, they're completely in the fog!
            I have no idea what home owners consist of.
            If you have any more problems, please get in touch with me.
            This forum has been online since before the year 2004.
            We have many experts and many down to the earth home owners that have experienced similar problems.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =