Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my water coming from??

I'm hoping someone can help me. About a week ago, I heard dripping water in my laundry/AC room. It was coming from a pipe that fed into my AC/Furnace. My AC was currently running, so I shut it off and the drip stopped. After work that day, I tried turning my air back on as there wasn't any more water in my laundry room. Immediately, I heard water in the wall between my laundry room and dining room. I turned the AC back off.

There was water in my dining room soaking the carpet near the wall that separates the two rooms. I did a little searching around, and thought that I had a clog in the AC drain, since the furnace cabinet was also wet. I've kept the AC off (payday is tomorrow), but am still getting water and now it's soaking the laundry room, dining room and the adjacent hall. I can't figure out where it's coming from and can't hear any dripping.

At this point, I don't know whether to call a plumber or AC repair person. Is it possible that this is all from the AC drain line (even though it's off)? I can't afford to call several repair people (I can't afford really one...).

Any help is appreciated!

AC water

if the air conditioner was running and cooling, then the eischarge would be dripping water. when you shut down the unit, it would keep dripping.
    my next question is, is the air conditioner's condenser water cooled? if it is, then that would explain dripping water, maybe from a pipe union or a solenoid valve in the system

Comment

When I was also facing the same problem then I came to know that my condenser need to be repaired. So you get it checked as it would be the one problem.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =