Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with tub faucet! Please!!!

We just added a jetted jacuzzi tub to our ,aster bathroom and am having some serious issues finding a faucet for it the tub holds 350 gallons and we have a tankless water heater that produces 9.5 gpm I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on faucets that produce 9 gpm or more water flow that come with the rough-in valve. Anything would help and thank you! Btw I have been doing quite a bit of recherché and am having minimal luck and have already returned 1 due to it taking 2.5 hrs to fill my tub!
    Last edited by josimon88; 09-10-2013, 12:02 AM.

jacuzzi

Its kinda difficult to believe it takes that much to fill. anyway -
    I have a jacuzzi measuring 60" long, 48" wide by 24" deep.
    that gives 69120 cubic inches.
    1 cu ft = 1728 cu inches
    40 cu ft of water
    what you could do is install a 42 gal water heater tank to act as a storage tank and take all your hot water off this tank.
    where your cold water inlet to the tank goes, feed the outlet of your tankless heater.
    use the regular hot water out off the tank to feed your house.
    use a standard two pipe bathroom fixture without the shower outlet pipe, just use the spout.
    so you'll have cold water, hot water to fill your tub.
    Mine takes about 20 minutes to fill - one half cold, one half hot which is hot enough without burning you.
    temp is slightly above 104 degrees.

Comment

The water heater is not the problem I am looking for a high flow faucet and was just asking for personal recommendations because most places don't have the gallon per minuet displayed and when I contacted a few companies all the offered me were faucets around 500-600 dollars and I was just wondering if anyone had some or even one that they would recommend

Comment

faucet

for you to have a high flow faucet your input piping must be large enough. If you are being fed with 1/2 inch copper you can increase pressure but not volume. the tankless says 9.5 gallons per minute
        350 divided by 9.5 equals one half hour.
        heck use a fire hose!

Comment

check plumbing code

Another reason that builders like tankless water heaters is that they are able to provide hot water to todays popular large tubs. A standard bathtub holds about 35 gallons to the overflow. The popular soaking tubs hold anywhere from 45 gallons to over 80 and just filling up the tub leaves most without any hot water with a tank type heater for a period of time. A tankless can fill all the tubs of a home and then provide back to back showers, do the dishes, and wash the clothes. A tank type heater has to be very large to do all of these things without running out. We are only limited to the flow rate our tankless unit can provide. Choosing a tankless heater with the proper capacity for our house makes it possible to handle multiple hot water needs at once without the worry of running out of hot water. Until now, most people made “water rules” to determine who showers when, or when they could do the clothes or dishes. This goes away with a tankless water heater. Some people mistakenly think that they will only be able to run one fixture at a time with tankless heater. While this may be true of the “Home Center” models, this is far from accurate when speaking about the professional grade heaters from Rinnai, Noritz and Takagi. These models have the capacity to operate 3 showers or more at the same time! Some will correctly claim that tankless water heaters limit the flow rate to make sure you get the setpoint temperature and say that this means you will not be able to do multiple things within the home using hot water. This is simply not true. Choosing the right unit is important as discussed a little later, but making this claim is like comparing all tank water heaters to the old 30-gallon tank heaters that would run out after every use. Today’s tankless water heaters provide more than enough capacity to meet any hot water need from a one-bathroom house to a hotel. You just need to choose the correct system for your application just like any other hot water system. Here is something else to consider when choosing your tankless heater. Asking it to operate three showers, the kitchen sink, the washing machine, the dishwasher and a laundry sink at the same time is not only unrealistic…your water pipes can’t carry that much water! Most homes only have a ¾” hot water main and most are now in PEX or CPVC materials. These piping system can not carry more than about 8 - 10 GPM total, including cold water. Also, many new homes typically see less than 2 GPM at a showerhead due to pressure looses in the piping. In other words if you choose a tankless heater that can deliver between 6-8GPM in the warm months and 4+ GPM in the winter months you will be quite happy in a typical 3-1/2 bath or less home. You should avoid the tendency of some to oversize a tankless system based on unrealistic system demands. If in doubt, contact the manufacture for help. Capacities of these water heaters have improved greatly over the first tankless models that showed up about 10 years ago in the US. The Largest of these companies (Rinnai) has models that can run from 4.2 GPM to 9.8GPM inculding residential and commercial units. Noritz has a commercial grade model that can produce up to 13.2 gallons per minute (752 gallons per hour from one unit!) Most of these products can be installed in multi-unit installations for high flow rate demands like luxury homes, large shower system with body sprays, locker rooms or hotels. (More on this later as well.) Many tankless water heaters are also installed with a remote control unit that makes it easy to change the set point temperature of the unit. One manufacturer, Rinnai, has a remote that lets you set an alarm to the capacity of your tub that will actually stop the flow of water once the tub is filled! You then set the temperature you would like and fill with just the hot water. When the unit measures the gallons set an alarm sounds to remind you shut off the water and reset the remote and the flow is stopped. Rinnai, is able to provide multiple remotes to serve the same heater to provide for multiple locations to change the temperature of the hot water if you like. They even have a wireless remote to allow for easy locating of the remote in retrofit instalations. These digital remote control panels also provide diagnostics for the water heater in the event that there is a problem. They flash a fault code to help service personnel find and fix any problems that may come up quickly. The better tankless heaters by Rinnai, Noritz and Takagi totally control outlet temperature so they can NOT be "overshot" giving you less than the set point temperature. You always get setpoint temperature plus or minus 1 or 2° (Unlike a tank which is + or - about 10°) Electric units and home center models do not have this ability. I would advise avoiding the home center models completely as they lack the technology and BTU’s to give you good performance. In units that can not control their outlet flow, you will need to “throttle” the flow rate yourself at the outlet. This also means that if you are taking a shower and someone else turns on another fixture needing hot water, you may get a big surprise as the water temperature drops considerably in your shower!

Comment

My husband ran all the piping as instructed by a contractor so we could quickly fill our tub all I was asking for was recommendations or positive personal experiences with high flow faucets I did not join this forum to be attacked by you or for you to try and make me feel like an idiot I have been learning thought our remodel, I know I don't know everything and am not a professional but I do compulsively reserch and already knew about the water heater I have I researched it before i bought it and for you to be mean to me is uncalled for! If you did not want to comment on what I was on here asking about you did not have to comment at all and you did not have to be mean! I'm glad my experience on this website was so negative I will make sure not to ask any more questions! Thank you
            Last edited by josimon88; 09-11-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

faucet

I apologize if I seemed to come on too strong. Plumbing codes are put there for a reason. Objective here is to save water not to have a torrential downpour to fill your jaccuzzi.
              I have a jacuzzi that take me about 20 minutes to fill. My hot water comes off a 42 gallon electric heater. I pretty much empty the thing when I fill my tub. I put in one half cold and the other half is all hot with a temperature setting "on the tank" at 170 degrees.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =