Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator water line

Hi,.. The water filter on the back of my refrigerator sprang a leak and I had a plumber replace it. He also installed a water shut-off valve on the wall in back of the fridge so, as he said, I wouldn't have the problem again of water leaking all over the floor. When I questioned about his bill being higher than he had quoted me, he said that he brought a very good filter and that he had to replace the tubing with brass. After he left, something didn't sound right about that and I looked at the flexible tubing which leads from the new water filter to the refrigerator. It is the color of silver or stainless steel. What he took off was copper tubing, which looked fine. I had thought that drinking water lines were always copper. Is it safe if he used something else, i.e. a silver colored tubing? Thanks in advance for any help or advice about this.
    Shirley

palacie

palacie: I do not believe that the brass (or stainless steel) line compromises the purity of the water feed; copper is one among the many metals used in water supplies. Copper, as it happens, is a better choice compared to other metals owing to characteristics such as flexibility, stability, cost, etc. There are also available woven metal/plastic icemaker feeds (which as some say are not so good).

Comment

palacie: I do not believe that the brass (or stainless steel) line compromises the purity of the water feed; copper is one among the many metals used in water supplies. Copper, as it happens, is a better choice compared to other metals owing to characteristics such as flexibility, stability, cost, etc. There are also available woven metal/plastic icemaker feeds (which as some say are not so good).

Comment

Working...
      X
      =